Monday, October 23, 2006

Renee Oldstead - Live



This is an excellent DVD for people who like romantic  jazz and easy jazz listening. Renee Oldstead's voice is so soothing and pleasant . She just turned 15 years old in this concert performance. Cuts are all very pleasantly very romantic and optimistic songs. The song "Midnight at The Oasis" was so sweet relaxing . Her voice is so silky, flawlessly smooth. Renee's performance with Morisson - a guest veteran jazz performer showed great  chemistry with one another. Both sounded so spectacular. For a 15 year old kid, Renee sounded invitingly sexy. I really enjoyed this concert.

The band played superbly cool and accompanied her very well. I was blown away with Renee's performance of "Summertime". She carried this tune appropriately and so well,  with a slow, subtle, sultry quality. It is so hard to believe that this girl can truly sing original standard jazz songs. Her vocal performance on "Sentimental Journey" is so perfect. It makes me want to search my true love. Renee Oldstead is a wonderful new jazz singer with so much talent. Everytime I wanted to watch a jazz concert. I've always consider Renee's concert because I really love watching her beautiful face and fall again to her unrelenting jazzy voice.    Almost an hour long of jazzy concert with Renee.....


No comments: